Being ghosted is a completely normal phenomenon in the dating world these days but is it true? It’s not! I have been a victim of ghosting and I too have had my fair share of ghosting. This has allowed me to have a little perspective on the subject. In the times I’ve seen ghosts, I’ve often lost interest in the person and we haven’t gone out of their way to guarantee a courtesy message or so I felt. However, I did notice that they followed me even when the radio was silent. It was then that I realized I was wrong and that I should have made a more appropriate judgment call and given some form of closure.
Let’s discuss how it feels to receive it. Number one, your self-esteem kicks in immediately to s**t. It is immature, abusive and makes you feel used and insecure. This is clearly not a great sentiment and I would say that honesty is the best policy. Leading someone is terrible but not communicating a lack of interest in someone is worse. But here are some ways to communicate effectively without ghosting, someone.
Here are 9 things to do instead of going on a date with someone:
- Hey, I had a good time with you but I don’t like the romantic spark.
- I don’t think I’m ready to date at the moment. wishing you the best.
- Hi, I don’t see any more dates in the future, but I appreciate the conversation we had.
- There’s a lot going on in my life right now and I’m not sure I can prioritize this equation at the moment.
- Thanks for a lovely date. I just didn’t feel a connection, so I don’t think it’s right to go out again.
- I am looking for someone who has more things in common than me.
- I thought I was ready for a relationship but I am not.
- Thanks for going out with me. I thought about it a lot and I don’t think we’re conducive enough to continue.
- I really enjoyed getting to know you but I think we’d be better off being friends. I completely understand that you are not okay with this.
Speak Your Truth:
- You can say that you are still no more than the last person you were in a relationship with.
- You can make your intention clear and say that you are not looking for anything serious.
- Another thing you can say is that you are not looking exclusive at the moment.
What are some things that you would say instead of casting a spell on someone? Tell us in the comments below.