The new Peacock series One Is Lying is streaming now and we caught up with newcomer Melissa Collazo to learn more about her!
The 21-year-old actress plays Maeve Rojas in the adaptation of Karen M. McManus’ best-selling novel. The series follows the story of five high school students who go into custody; Only four are making it alive.
Melissa was earlier seen in the horror-comedy film Freaky, which released last year.
Here are 10 Fun Facts about her:
- I am bilingual. My first language is Spanish & I didn’t speak English until I was 4, which I learned through watching television.
- I am a very private person.
- My zodiac sign is cancer.
- I started my career as a kid reporter on the Spanish network, Telemundo.
- My favorite actor is Natalie Portman.
- My favorite books are “Her Body & Other Parties,” “Normal People,” & “The Secret History.”
- I love fashion! More than half my closet is thrifted and I collect vintage jewelry.
- I studied ballet when I was younger.
- My preparation for roles includes making multiple playlists, mood boards, and dedicating an entire journal to a character to flesh them out as much as possible.
- I am Puerto Rican, Italian and Spanish.
- BONUS FACT: I sing! I would love to pursue music, some of my favorite artists are Mazzy Star, Fiona Apple, and Lucy Dacus.
Check out One of Us Is Lying now on Peacock!